Sunday 21 July 2013

Butterfly's on a Clock





Recently (OK, not so recently) I had ordered a mirror finish clock off a shopping website. It's a simple round clock face, with a few butterfly's flying out of it. It fit in perfectly with the minimalist/classic/natural theme of my attempts at decor. The only problem was, when it got delivered, it had a crack. Right in the middle, and eminently noticeable, thanks to the clear glassy surface.
Photo

The website I had ordered from was nice enough to try and replace it, failing which they provided me with a generous voucher which I have since used to buy some awesome dinnerware. But the clock still sat in a corner, since we had no idea what to do with it (and I HATE throwing stuff out). Then the other day I suddenly remembered that Aparna had sent me some adorable butterfly cutouts. So They were dug out to see if any would cover the crack properly. And what do you know?? One did!

Photo







The clock had come with a number of double sided sticky dots. Using one, I managed to secure the butterfly flat to the clock-face. Thus "repaired", the clock promptly went up on the wall. I decided to add a couple more of Aparna's butterfly's along with the mirror finish ones just so there's some color; and voila! Awesome time-telling wall decor was in action.



No comments: